Mar 5, 2013
Last week we posted the first part of this Keiser Report video interview with Professor Antal Fekete.
So below is the part 2, which focuses more on silver than gold this time. Max Kesier manages to cover a fair bit of ground with the Professor in this interview also. Including:
- How it took from 1879 -1935 to end the use of silver as money the world over. And how this wasn’t a natural occurrence.
- How it was likely a conspiracy between bankers and the government that caused the death of silver as money.
- Why what the world really needs is not a bimetallic monetary system (where gold and silver are at a fixed price) but a system with gold and silver where the market decides how they are valued.
- How the inflation when the sovereign bond bubble burst will come all at once and only at the very end.
- Difference between Menger and Von Mises in terms of Austrian economics.
Max sure seems to have it in for the followers of Von Mises. We’re not sure there’s too much to be gained from starting a “war” between difference factions of the Austrian School though. The current system is so far from Austrian that we’d happily take anything remotely resembling Austrianism over what we currently are saddled with!
Nonetheless the interview is well worth the watch. It begins at 12:03mins (The video should autostart at that point).