The following was written before the US Federal Reserve Raised interest rates yesterday. However the expectation was they would raise rates and they did.
Now we will have to wait and see if gold and silver will rise following this 4th rate hike as they did on the prior 3 interest rate increases by the US Central Bank. You can clearly see this pattern in the chart below.
Stewart Thomson discusses why a rise in gold now would be such a significant event…
All Golden Eyes On The Fed – Stewart Thomson
By Stewart Thomson, Graceland Updates:
- The next US central bank interest rate announcement is scheduled for tomorrow afternoon. Gold and related assets are now in “pause mode” against most fiat currencies.
- Gold has a rough general tendency to decline ahead of a rate hike, and then rally strongly after a hike is announced.
- That has happened in textbook fashion with the first three rate hikes in the current hiking cycle.
- There’s no guarantee that it happens again this time, but if it does gold should take out the weekly chart downtrend line that has the attention of institutional technical analysts.
- Double-click to enlarge this fabulous monthly gold chart.
- Note the buy signal flashing on the Stochastics oscillator at the top of the chart.It’s happening in the 50 area, which indicates strong momentum.
- Also, the TRIX indicator at the bottom of the chart is about to cross over the zero line. This is extremely positive technical action.
- Technical breakouts that are produced by fundamentally important events are significant.
- The bottom line is that a breakout on the monthly gold chart that occurs in the days following tomorrow’s Fed announcement could be a gamechanger for gold market investors.
- Double-click to enlarge this weekly chart of the US dollar versus the Canadian dollar.
- The dollar already looks like a train wreck against both the Japanese Yen and the Indian rupee.Now it’s poised to go off the rails against the Canadian dollar. I’ve set an initial target zone in the $1.25 area.
- Double-click to enlarge this oil chart.
- Oil is by far the largest component of the major commodity indexes.A rally in the Canadian dollar tends to coincide with a rally in those indexes.
- That’s inflationary, and more good news for gold.
- Good news for gold is happening around the world, and when it’s coming from India, commercial traders tend to buy long positions in size on the COMEX.
- After years of gold-negative policy announcements, India’s government has begun to make announcements that are cheered by the gargantuan gold jewellery industry.
- Millions of industry workers have been sidelined by the barbaric legislation of the government in recent years.I’m predicting that most of them will be back at work within twelve months.
- India’s gold jewellery market will be in expansion mode very quickly, which means the COMEX gold price will be in upside expansion mode even more quickly!
- Double-click to enlarge this gold chart. Active traders can take action on the buy-side right now to capitalize on a potential rate hike rally following tomorrow’sFed announcement. Long term investors can place buy orders in the $1220 price zone.
- My personal focus for fresh precious metals sector buying is GDX, the gold stocks ETF.
- Double-click to enlarge this GDX versus gold chart.
- There’s not much point in buying a high-risk asset class like gold stocks if they are not poised to outperform the underlying low-risk asset class of gold bullion.The good news is that gold stocks are technically poised to do so right now.
- Most of the gold stock pipeline news flow is now positive.More rate hikes are needed to reverse the multi-decade bear cycle in US money velocity, and Fed-focused economists have assigned roughly a 95% chance of a rate hike tomorrow.
- GDX has been drifting sideways to lower against gold bullion since February. I’m a very aggressive buyer on any price weakness between now and tomorrow’s Fed announcement. There’s no guarantee that the Fed’s fourth rate hike will be followed by a fourth glorious gold sector rally against global fiat, but I will suggest that all investors should be poised to profit, if it happens!
Special Offer For Website Readers: Please send me an Email [email protected] and I’ll send you my free “Oil My Squeaky Gold Stocks Wheels” report. I highlight 3 oil stocks poised to produce sector-leading gains. I also cover 4 gold stocks that are already rallying and poised to surge even higher, with key tactics for each stock!
Thanks! Cheers Stewart Thomson Graceland Updates
Rate Sheet (us funds):Lifetime: $999
2yr: $299 (over 500 issues)
1yr: $199 (over 250 issues)
6 mths: $129 (over 125 issues)
To pay by credit card/paypal, please click this link:
To pay by cheque, make cheque payable to “Stewart Thomson”
Stewart Thomson / 1276 Lakeview Drive / Oakville, Ontario L6H 2M8 Canada
Stewart Thomson is a retired Merrill Lynch broker. Stewart writes the Graceland Updates daily between 4am-7am. They are sent out around 8am-9am. The newsletter is attractively priced and the format is a unique numbered point form. Giving clarity of each point and saving valuable reading time.
Risks, Disclaimers, Legal
Stewart Thomson is no longer an investment advisor. The information provided by Stewart and Graceland Updates is for general information purposes only. Before taking any action on any investment, it is imperative that you consult with multiple properly licensed, experienced and qualified investment advisors and get numerous opinions before taking any action. Your minimum risk on any investment in the world is: 100% loss of all your money. You may be taking or preparing to take leveraged positions in investments and not know it, exposing yourself to unlimited risks. This is highly concerning if you are an investor in any derivatives products. There is an approx $700 trillion OTC Derivatives Iceberg with a tiny portion written off officially. The bottom line:
Are You Prepared?