- Kiwisaver and Bank Bail Ins: If a Bank Fails, Are Kiwisaver Funds Affected by the OBR?
- RBNZ Bank Financial Strength Dashboard: How Helpful is it?
- Does Record Low Gold Volatility and Sentiment Mean Time to Buy?
Prices and Charts
Gold Still Close to the “Buy Zone”
Gold in NZ Dollars did as we suspected it might this past week. It bounced nicely off the 200 day moving average (MA) line. Just as it has done on multiple occasions this year.
But with the price sitting near the 50 day MA, we are still in a pretty decent buy zone here too.
Silver Still Stuck in the Wedge
Silver just continues to do what it has done for months. That is move up to once again test the downtrend line. Silver (whether priced in US or NZ Dollars) remains within the long standing wedge formation.
But man is it getting compressed now. As we discuss in one of this weeks articles gold and silver volatility are the lowest they have been since the 90’s and early 2000’s respectively.
NZ Dollar Stops at the 50 Day MA
As we thought last week, the NZ dollar hasn’t managed to get above the moving average lines. 0.71 is likely to be a tough area of resistance for it to break above.
Unsure About Any Terms We Use When Discussing the Charts?
Check out this post if any of the terms we use when discussing the gold, silver and NZ Dollar charts are unknown to you:
—– OFFER FROM OUR SISTER COMPANY: Emergency Food NZ —–
Do you have all the essentials on hand if you need to leave home in a hurry?
Get Your Own Emergency Survival Kit
Now Available. In Stock. Ready to Ship.
Grab Your Own Grab ‘n’ Go Bag NOW….
Does Record Low Gold Volatility and Sentiment Mean Time to Buy?
Gold and silver volatility are the lowest they have been for 10 to 20 years.
In this post we also cover:
- Gold and silver demand by way of sales from the major mints
- Other sentiment indicators
- What demand has been like here in New Zealand
- Who is buying
- What they are buying
- What these indicators might mean
Kiwisaver and Bank Bail Ins: If a Bank Fails, Are Kiwisaver Funds Affected by the OBR?
Another excellent question from a reader this week. Asking:
- How would Kiwisaver funds be affected if a bank failed and the RBNZ implemented its OBR policy and a bail in of depositor funds took place?
- Would non bank Kiwisaver funds be impacted?
- What about foreign shares held in custody by a bank?
- What steps can you take to protect yourself?
Important points to consider if you are a Kiwisaver member.
Related: Is There a Kiwisaver Gold Fund or Gold Investment Option?
Your Questions Wanted
Remember, if you’ve got a specific question, be sure to send it in to be in the running for a 1oz silver coin.
RBNZ Bank Financial Strength Dashboard: How Helpful is it?
Speaking of banks and bail ins. The Reserve Bank of New Zealand has just launched its new Bank Financial Strength Dashboard. We have a summary of it including:
- What is the Bank Financial Strength Dashboard?
- What does the Dashboard measure?
- Why the Dashboard may still not help you
- What you should do if you can’t pick a safe bank
There is a common thread running through this weeks articles. That is, while you can’t guarantee how your investments may work out, or whether your bank remains solvent, you can still prepare for the unexpected.
The old adage of plan for the worst but hope for the best.
Volatility at record lows means the trading ranges for gold and silver are getting tighter and tighter. This won’t continue forever, but it does mean you get the chance to buy at what are likely to be low levels in the long term.
A reminder we have a new updated “Shop” page.
So head over and see all the new products available today.
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 0800 888 GOLD ( 0800 888 465 ) (or +64 9 2813898)
- or Shop Online with indicative pricing
— Prepared for the unexpected? —
Never worry about safe drinking water for you or your family again…
The Big Berkey Gravity Water Filter has been tried and tested in the harshest conditions. Time and again proven to be effective in providing safe drinking water all over the globe.
This filter will provide you and your family with over 22,700 litres of safe drinking water. It’s simple, lightweight, easy to use, and very cost effective.
Big Berkey Water Filter
Only 2 Remaining in the New Shipment – Learn More NOW….