Jim Rickards has been featured in 4 out of the 5 episodes that Mike Maloney has released so far in the ‘Hidden Secrets Of Money’ series. His first book ‘Currency Wars’ was a bestseller and is highly recommended reading for anyone who wants to get an understanding of economics from ‘the inside’. In this video they discuss some of the topics covered in his new book, The Death of Money.
Given that Rickards is something of an insider it is definitely worth keeping tabs on his opinions.
Watch the video to learn why he thinks that we shouldn’t be surprised that at some point gold is quickly valued at $5000 per ounce…
Mike Maloney and Rickards also discuss:
- How can the Federal Reserve always be wrong when it comes to crises?
- What’s the problem with the Keynesian model.
- How we are still in the money illusion (feel good) stage where stocks and housing go up.
- How the printing of money has to go somewhere and is creating assets bubbles.
- What are the similarities between the mid 1960’s/70’s and today.
- Who takes advantage of the money illusion phase and benefits from it.
- Why the average citizen gets left behind but can benefit during an inflationary period if they act correctly.
- Why Central Bankers are more worried about deflation vs inflation right now and learn how they can devalue their currency against gold by raising the dollar price of gold to create inflation.
- Why gold could be revalued overnight as governments get desperate.